skyjuggler

Vector Boogie, Gap, France & Phillippe Vallaud

Great event, could only spend three days. Ippo Fabbi, Eli Thompson and Phillippe Vallaud.

If anyone ever gets the chance to jump with Phillipe Vallaud they should do. He is totally different to anyone I have ever jumped with and is truely bad ass.

Had some great jumps with Eli and Ippo too, but jumping with Phillippe and trying to follow was something a little different not to mention special.

Phillippe is the guy from the old film Anti Gravity who flys around on his shoulders and burns around the sky. He is so fast in the sky. The jumps are super high speed and really challenging.

His concept of how to use the air and utilise the power that you can generate is amazing. He uses his body as a wing and flys alot on his side aswell as cutting serious turns, as apposed to sliding around the sky. If anyone doubts that tracking is one dimensional and flying free is dead they should go hook up with him.

Also the event provided Jan's Beech 99, Super Otter, Super Porter, and an A-Star Turbine Heli which to my suprise dropped us 14'000ft above the French Alps.

This event is / was wicked, apart from going back to work, I also miss the $1500 film festival!

Hehe sounds like you had a lot of fun.

So tell me, how does this side flying stuff work? I mean, what do you do with your arms & legs to fly in a stable position on your side? Seems like thats the only surface area that I haven't seen people fly stable yet. Tell me more. :)
Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Yeah, was alot of fun. I liked one of his comments: "You find the limit when your body begins to shake.....but with training your limit increases" It made me smile.

If you can imagine tracking with straight body but in an angle (slight or steep) to pick speed up then making turns.
If you stay on the flat surface which is your chest to legs you will be sliding around in turns and wasting the energy.

He was flying positions which cut the air. The upper torso was angled on the side with the shoulders cutting the air.
He had one knee down and one up, it looks like a flat flyers point turn using the knees, but with a slight twist.
Basically it is a carve turn, possible because of the speed he uses I guess. Not sure as it is totally a unique style.
Because of the speed in the jumps he uses the whole body as a wing.

We were tracking in straight lines in an angle to pick speed up, then trying to make turns before going stright again. Picking up speed in the turn then releasing it.
I guess not too unlike a hook turn. Build up the speed then release it in a direction. I guess a good description might be like a whirl pooll or water going down a plug hole in the bath.

We were doing 3-4ways including him, I wouldn't do it with more people as the speeds were too much for my ability. Its alot of speed and the ground you can cover is amazing.

Phillippe Vallaud is the daddy, he is all over it in the sky. Don't think you will ever catch him on a big way, but this type of skydiving is his thing.
It is one of the reasons I went to the event to hook up with him. Had a smile on my face all day. Good when you realise how good someone is and how far ahead of you they are.

He he, like that one! Needs a little more french in the phrase / name I reckon.

Not going to bang on about this guy too much more, but seriously, he really is the daddy in the sky. Going to make sure I do some more jumps with him at some point.

Think I need to check Antigravity out again and get some tips!
If anyone has the chance to jump with this guy they should. First generation freeflyer who has no compromise. Love that description of his flying...."no compromise!":)