78RATS

advice for film festival

The Gravity Rats intend to hold another freefly event/competition later this year. We want to incorporate a film contest as well.

Does anyone have experience with this? Looking for submission criteria, judging criteria, catagories, etc.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

The Gravity Rats intend to hold another freefly event/competition later this year. We want to incorporate a film contest as well.

Does anyone have experience with this? Looking for submission criteria, judging criteria, catagories, etc.

A film with Douva pole dancing should NOT be included,:o however one with some "plane washing" should.B|:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Creativity is the soul of freeflying.

We are thinking just free routines and film.

Any type of film is cool. Maybe we should have a skydiving category and a not skydiving one.

The Boyz festival, as an example, has four categories: Aerials, inovations, comedy and the daddy phats. As far as judging they hand out a questionaire and the audience votes after whatching the show.

My mind is spinning wildly out of control with ideas here.

Yeah. That's what it's all about. Create shit.

I like the idea of judging by the crowd. Keeps the "dancin ho" handicap down. haha

What is "innovation" and "daddy phat"???

What is "innovation" and "daddy phat"???

In the past some clips that fell under innovation had some nice effects or unique directorial quality and not all from in this category were about skydiving.

The daddy phats is kinda the big winner. Its nice if a clip has some great aerial footage but another film was more well rounded overall, you can pick one for each.