tetra316

Infinity double wide leg straps

I'm getting a new Infinity soon and was wondering about the double wide leg straps. I've talked to a couple of guys who got them and they love them for the extra comfort. But then when I called Infinity they said that some women were complaining that the double wide straps pinched where they shouldn't :o. Has anyone gotten them and what do they think? Thanks!

Well, I have one, and I love the legstraps.

I could understand why some might say that, though, since they do put some pressure there, but only when I'm walking around with my legstraps fully tightened, which I personally don't do that often, as I tighten mine fully as I prepare to exit. I also don't mind it, since every other rig I've jumped does that, too.

One thing that's REALLY nice about the leg straps/harness design is that when you open, you aren't hanging in the harness with all the pressure there between your legs, you're more sitting in it, like you would in a rock-climbing harness. At that point, there is no pressure anywhere there shouldn't be!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I have an Infinity with the double-wides, but then I'm a double wide guy. I suspect that much smaller thighs would be better off with single-wide leg straps. How big around are your thighs? Don't answer that--ask the mfr.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

The Double wides feel different on the ground that is for sure. It just takes a little getting used to. Under canopy you will appreciate them totally. Like BikerBabe said. It feels more like sitting in the harness then hanging from the harness. I personally advice everyone that buys on to get the double wides, wether they are big or small. I have never had anyone say anything bad about them.
Dom

It feels more like sitting in the harness then hanging from the harness.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you at all about the comfort of the leg pads/straps on the Infinity...but that comfort has more to do with how the harness is built than the leg pads.

The harness is cut lower than most, thus when you're under canopy is keeps you "sitting" in the "saddle" as opposed to be "hung" in the harness.

It's about geometry, and it works! Yet another reason I really like the Infinity....:)

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."