gemini

Launching a hybrid

Sunday was a slow day at the dz since many of the jumpers were still at nationals.

Trent and I finally got to jump together on the sunset load. Neither of us could decide what we wanted to do so we decided to try and launch a hybrid.

I stood in the door looking out and Trent took my chest strap with his left hand and was also looking out. I did a 3 count with my arm and we launched with both of us flat (belly to wing) to the wind. On the hill Trent slid down the hill and rotated me belly to earth still on my chest strap with his left hand.

The amazing thing about the exit was its stability. It was smooth out the door and felt good rotating off the hill.

Then it was a typical two way hybrid except Trent was hanging with only one hand which allowed him a lot of additional controlled movement. He flipped up out of the stand, rotated above me and then stood on my back.

Then stepped off my back on the opposite side and while I held position, he rotated around me clockwise. What was amazing was that he faced me at all times during the rotation.

What a fun jump! Wish we would have had video.

Blues,

Blue skies,

Jim

Then it was a typical two way hybrid except Trent was hanging with only one hand which allowed him a lot of additional controlled movement. He flipped up out of the stand, rotated above me and then stood on my back.

Then stepped off my back on the opposite side and while I held position, he rotated around me clockwise. What was amazing was that he faced me at all times during the rotation.

That's the kind of thing you hear that makes folks want to kick Trent in the jimmy. That's really freak'n hard to do! I bet he made it look really really easy too, didn't he?

Man, you'd think they placed 2nd at nationals or something pulling stunts like that...

:P:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."