mindcool

Perris freeflytunnelcamp & skydiving

Hello
i am planing on flying to the states to take a tunnel camp and thinking about perris.
so maybe you guys can help me out...
Has anyone done the freefly tunnel camp at perris?
if so, who was your coach? how was the camp?
how is the tunnel at perris compared to florida?
is it full power? how's the coaching compared to florida?
pros & cons?

I was browsing at the web sites of those camps and found that perris is more expensive than florida... why? is the quality better?

i will appriciate any help and any opinion from anybody
Thanks again and blue skies
Dan

Well I've been to both the Perris and Orlando tunnels and in my opinion the Perris tunnel has a long way to go before it is up to par with the Orlando one. The only reason Perris costs more is because of the huge difference in operating costs... electric costs so much more there... that's why Perris only operates certain hours and they shut down for a good portion of the day... cuz they're restricted on the times they can pull so much electric for their motors.
As far as air quality goes Perris is just as good as Orlando ... in fact since it's newer it is a little nicer... it runs quieter and looks really good... but that's all it has on the one in Orlando...
The coaches in Florida and the Orlando instructors are a lot better than the ones in Perris... I've had a few hours of coaching in Orlando and when I went to Perris... I was flying better than most of their staff... no way could I dream of flying better than some of the Orlando staff...
Not only do they fly better but they've been coaching much longer than the Perris folks and really know how to teach you the mechanics you'll need to know. They've pretty much turned bodyflight into a science...
But if for no other reason, I like Orlando better because you just can't get the same nightlife anywhere... In perris you are stuck on the dropzone... period... unless you want to venture out into crack central USA.... course everyone at Perris is really cool and they like to party... but in Orlando... the tunnel is right on the main strip and you've got a dozen nightclubs all within ten minutes and you can see Universal studios from the tunnel... when I was there last we all walked to a bar at Universal and watched a cool live band and partied all night...
And if you want to put your new skills to work... you've got Z-hills, Deland, Lake Whales, and Sebastian all within an hour and a half's drive... Titusvilles in only an hour... but I prefer the dropzones with a nightlife and SpaceCenter (titusville) is a student dropzone more than anything... great view though... definetely worth going there to make a jump or two... but my favorite is Z-hills!!! They've got lots of beer and a many good times to be had!!!

I was in Perris this year and got some tunnel coaching from Jon Alaska and Mike Swanson. I don't know about belly flying but if you are looking for freefly coaching, Perris is the place for you. Mike and Jon not only know how to fly, they also know how to teach it!
Yes, they shut down the tunnel during the day but this did not matter for me. I did the tunnel in the early morning and in the late evening. This way I was able to jump during the day.
And yes, the night live in Perris is very limited, but to be honest, after two tunnel secions and some jumps during the day I did not feel the urge to party all night...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Perris is the tunnel if you want to work on your skills in the tunnel and then immediately take them to the sky. Orlando has been in business for six years so they have a jump on us but they don't have a dropzone in their back yard. We haven't even been in business 9 months and yet we've already done what took Olrando three years to do. Orlando will be the foundation of SkyVenture but with all the new tunnels their building around the United States it will bring the cost of tunnel time way down. Orlando sets such high standards that we definitely have something to shoot for.

Both tunnels are excellent for freeflying. The Coaches can take you right from the tunnel to the sky. Just decide if you want to skydive or party in florida.