test for BOC tightness?

what do you guys go on to make sure the mouth of the BOC is tight enough (for those without freefly puds).
My rig has been checked so i'm happy with it, but i'm wondering about what i should look for over time to tell me it's still safe. What are the signs that the pouch needs to be replaced? Call me paranoid, but recently i could swear the mouth of the pouch has lost a little of it's elasticity...

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

The pouch itself is more likely to wear out before the mouth. The mouth is doubled (tripled?) and sewn, making it that much stronger than the boc spandex.

Pay careful attention, though! If the pouch wears out and the mouth is strong, you might pull the pud, wad up the PC inside the pouch, and never make it out of the mouth. Added caution.... always make sure you route the bridle out of the folded pilot chute at the MOUTH SIDE of the BOC! Not doing so may cause exactly the same results mentioned above without a worn BOC, and is almost certain to make a wad if you do have a worn BOC.

Have your Rigger show you what to look for in a worn BOC. A picture is worth a thousand words, but basically, if it doesn't stretch any more and require some effort to stuff the PC in, it is either worn out, or too big.

boc=back of container

a pud is used on a "throw-out" pilot. the bridle is S folded under the flap where the pilot is located on top of the deployment bag (D bag). so many terms to learn...

the hackey or pvc used to be referred to as the "pud", the way i understand, but with the 2 different methods of deployment, that term has gone out of usage. of course, it's always fun to tell your wuffo friends that we have to "pull our pud" to deploy.

stay high

Not quite. A pud is a little pillow attached to your pilot chute much like your cutaway handle. It's there in place of a hacky (hackysack) or a toggle (short section of plastic tubing) and is the bit you grab to deploy your main.

Pud's are commonly found on pull-out deployment systems but are now becoming more common on thow-out deployment systems as well.