surf4life11

Advice for me on my sit!

Went down to Gold Coast and got some coaching jumps in and began my new freefly addiction. I was taught to sit with a wide stance and I currently maintain my speed pretty well and do not backslide at all. This is after 8 sit jumps. I can hold the sit for about 85 percent of the jump. When should I bring my legs in a little bit or should I at all to get more of the natural sit position? I am in no hurry to progress as fast as I can and still do RW work to maintain my flying skills there as well but I am all about freeflying and just want to be as good as I can be and as safe in the air as well. I do not have any coaches at my DZ most of the time and usually they are on staff for the day so most of my jumps are solo and if I am lucky another freeflyer will be out at the DZ so any advice is welcome. Freeflying rocks!!!B|

There really is no reason to bring your legs any narrower than shoulder width. After more jumps, you'll find your comfort zone, but remember that a wide stance produces stability. 45-90 degrees is a good range.