sunnydee123

HD Progress Update...just cuz....

So many people have been so wonderful about sharing tips and experiences with me that I feel the need to continue sharing how things are going for me....Maybe someone can learn a little something from me or just keep sharing tips/suggestions/experiences with me.

Been working diligently on everything Mr. Brown taught me in my coach jumps and had a break through weekend. Think last post I stated how I was certain I was getting on my head but moving around quite a bit....and fast to boot.

Well I have learned how to stop that "crazy zipping across the sky" movement and am able to make corrections with my hips to "stay put" - sorta. Thanks to my incredibly patient and talented boyfriend he is able to capture it all on video so I can continue to learn from my own mistakes....seems I still have what I am calling lazy legs but I am learning how to hold my torso and manipulate those hips to maintain a nice heading. I am still moving around a bit but more orbiting than darting which works for me.

Just need to be stronger in my legs....but I made another step forward and I am very happy. The girls and the record this weekend have inspired me - I'm getting there and won't give up. I'll be "right there" before you know it.

Thanks for listening/reading.....I'm here ready to listen and learn. Got anything more to share?! ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Nice work sunnydee!! Keep it up!! ;)

I also had the problem of "lazy legs", where I could fly, but only at 170 mph. :P

I was told by a badass flyer to go to the gym and work out in the girlie room (this won't bother you I'm sure) and do those butterfly thingies, where you sit on the ground and push your legs out? I did those for like two weeks and I've never had a problem since. It really helps with those "shit I'm trying too hard and it's starting to hurt" moments.

Another, IMHO is not to try so hard when getting slow. It doesn't take a lot of effort if you relax and gently push your legs out farther. The only analogy I could use this with is flying mantis on your belly. If you try to force your elbows down, it won't work, and it'll hurt like hell. But if you relax and just put them there, your arms will fall naturally into that position. It's kinda like that....okay damnit, somebody rephrase what I just said, I can't put what I'm thinking into words!! HELP!! :P

To everybody here, take this with a grain of salt, I'm not very good at wording what I'm trying to say....B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Keep it up, its interesting reading your posts, I'm kinda at the same point you are in your HD progression, unfortuantley its been cold as hell here and no jumping as of late, but hey I'm moving to FL in a week, yaaaaaay, tunnell camp yaaaaay, new credit card to abuse yaaaaaaay :)

credit definately is bad in the wrong hands, I've been a sales man and have seen alot of the problems it can cause. I've got excellent self discipline, and great interest rates, and unfortunatley you can't get shool loans for skydiving:P... wow its like 75 degrees in FL right now, its supposed to get to 8 degrees here tonight.

Awesome, Denise! Congrads on your progress!! Hope you come out and jump in Pahokee soon:)

Noggy, damn! 8degrees in Maine... I am SO glad I live in Florida! :D (I'm sure you will be, too, haha). Come visit Pahokee when you get here. You have lots of dzs to visit here in Fla, the further south the better in the winter! :p

Angela.