hkf

When did you start Free Flying

Any elaboration as to why? I mean, if you're not ready to fly in a big-way, that's one thing... but to decide "I want to fall in sit/HD, I'm gonna start working on that solo."... why not?

Just seen instances of low timers going out Free Flying and covering large horizontal distances along the flightline, this gets compounded when head down, as they sometimes think they are head down when they are actually tracking on their backs.

Oh I see. I'm on the same page now.

I would present that there is no specific jump number... but you should not attempt Sit or HD unless you are aware enough to turn yourself 90 degrees to jumprun and hold it there.

Or simply put, you should know your heading relative to 'flightline'.. knowing that more than likely, if you not down the pipe, your sliding forward or backwards.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

First attemp at a sit-fly jump #18. I know everbody believes that they're perfectly stable on their first attempt, I wasn't...

You know what i hate is seeing a guy with a student rig (loose PC, no bridle protection, no pin protection, and velcro riser covers) deciding he is going to go and do a sit jump.

You know what i hate is seeing a guy with a student rig (loose PC, no bridle protection, no pin protection, and velcro riser covers) deciding he is going to go and do a sit jump.

This is a problem that is occurring with greater frequency as freefly grows in popularity. If not a student rig - some other rig that is not suitable for freeflying.

I sometimes feel like a dick suggesting they get some appropriate gear before they jump out - but I feel it is my responsibility to at least tell them.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why