ptwob231

Collegiate Nationals

Somebody explain this to me. How can freeflying not be an official event?

meanwhile, see www.longhornskydivers.org for footage of the "unofficial" collegiate freefly champs.

ps - somebody please make it clickyB|

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

They are just concerned about having enough competent contenders.

all they need to do is make it an "official" medal event and the military academies will compete almost for sure. right now they won't let us because it doesn't count for the "overall" category. also, with freeflying becoming more popular than rw every day i think its more feasable to find competitors in freefly than 4 way.

While this thread is active about collegiate freeflying, I would like to know everyone's opinions of the rules at collegiates this year. Tamara Koyn (the head judge for freefly this year) was hoping to get some feedback about the rules and the competition, if some of the competitors voice their opinion and have some good ideas, the rules can change. In my opinion, I really liked the way it was structured. They had simple points that allowed everyone to compete. I thought making it all sit-flying was a good idea because putting head-down points into it would have ellimnated at least half of the teams from even jumping. With such a small number of teams, there could be a division of teams by skill level because there were only 4 to begin with. I thought that one possibility for head-down might be to make the 5th round have two optional routines, one sit-flying the other head-down points or the possibility of bonus points. This way it could still include everyone (which is the most important aspect of collegiate competition in my opinion) but still reward those who may have additional flying abilities.

If anything, I really dug the vibe the FF people had at Collegates! Although I couldn't get another person to actually have a team, I thought (from my outside perspective) that the structure was well done. Although, personally, I'd like to see this grow into two classes, with a more advanced class that incorporates HD stuff, and maybe even an expression round for original routines.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's my suggestion for the competition. As we all remember at Eloy the whole discussion of 30 secs of working time. That was made so smaller dropzones that could only go to 10 could still bid for collegiates. My suggestion would be to make the working time up the meet director. Honestly I thought that if we were all given that extra 15 seconds of working time most of us could have drilled out a couple extra points. I understand though why it was set to 30 secs working time, but if we leave the working time up to the comp director of that year then, for example, this year is at lake wales, turbins etc so 45 seconds of working time would still allow us to pull by our designated License altitude, 95% of us hold C or above if we're freeflying. Anyone else agree with this. Also, if the forums for suggestions etc, i posted a thread about opening a topic just for collegiate skydivers kinda like the womans forum. go there and respond if you would like to see it happen. There are a bunch of us out there and we have our own things to talk about and sometimes it's a pain in the ass trying to find Dave or George or Chris' responses in the freeflying forum etc.

blue skies

Chris aka Flash