Vertifly

NEW VOODOO - Bump and Endorsement!!!

I had to bump this message up from a few weeks ago.

The VOODOO that I had upgraded just arrived at my house. One word:

WOW!!!!!!!

This endorsement goes out to Sandy and Brenda at RIGGING INNOVATIONS.

They rock. The company totally went out of their way for me to get a practically brand new container.

I mean, this thing is mint and custom all the way. The only thing that was not changed on it was the harness...Which doesn't need changing anyway. It is basically a Voodoo 2.0.

They customized all the colors for me and even changed the harness to be a competition type for only a few extra dollars. The reserve and cutaway handles are new also. Amazing.

Attached is a drawing of what it used to look like and what it looks like now!!!! The white and blue one is the new colors and, believe me, the rig looks exactly the same in real life.

ps. If anyone wants to use these drawings to design the colors on their own VOODOO 2.0, Feel free.

Be well. David and Enjoy!!!

Just an FYI for all you Voodoo owners out there.

I own a Voodoo 1 size V1. Actually just purchased it off of eBAY. Nice rig, but within 1 week I had two minor malfunctions. These were caused by, what I believe to be, the shoulder harness coming untucked.

Now, I know this is a common problem and that many know about this. However, I feel that it is a good idea to report it to whomever wishes to read on this forum.

Malfunction 1... while I opening, my steering line came unstowed and tangled in the ajacent lines. This sent me into a spin on my crossfire 109 until it was untangled. I was two seconds away from chopping when it came untangled.

Malfunction 2... Steering line came out during freefall. During a big way head down jump (at a prominent freefly meet) at my home DZ, the steering toggle was hanging out of my rig and down at about knee level. A very level headed (and well known) person on the skydive gave me the universal signal for "You Are F#@KED"; and my thanks goes out to him.

NEEDLESS TO SAY... I am not jumping the container right now. It is on its way back to rigging innovations to have ALL of the appropriate modifications. Side panels and shoulder covers will be replaced - and whatever else they do. The owners of the company ARE VERY HELPFUL with getting you started.

Moral of the story...

And this is just a suggestion... If you own a VOODOO 1 and have had a similar experience, get off your butt, pay the 30 bucks (or so) for shipping, and send that container back to RI in Eloy.

BE SAFE UP THERE! Blue Sky's

Vertify

VertiFly / D# Pending / AD# 182 / Cluck# 19

I guess they went on vacation after they finished your rig. I've been trying to get a low-profile metal reserve handle, and Paragear and Square1 don't have those for Voodoo - they are saying call the manufacturer, so I called them and they are gone until Friday. Maybe they went to Lost Prairie?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD