Stremglove

Amigo reserve - wat is it?

Amigo series of reserves are manufactured by Free Flight Enterprises in Elsinore, California. They are medium aspect ratio, 7-cell canopies sewn of F-111 fabric. The distinguishing feature is the lack of stabilizers.
I bought my Amigo 172 because the demo Amigo 206 flew a lot like a Sabre. Just remember to do a FULL flare, with the toggles all the way down to your hips.
My Amigo 172 has two rides, both of which resulted in soft landings.
Amigos pack up slightly bulkier than similar-sized Performance Designs canopies because they have all the same reinforcing tapes, plus 1,000 pound suspension lines. Amigos are strong enough to survive brutal high speed openings and flare great.

Would I buy another Amigo?
Yes!
I almost bought an Amigo 152, but the label said it limited to suspended weights less than 168 pounds. That is because FFE is cautious about wing-loadings.

Hi there!
What can you say about amigo reserve? Any information about it

It,s bullet proof, I own 3 (all 134's). We used it on the drop tests for the Reflex. The canopy survived the over speed/ over weight tests extremly well. Nice ride if you have to use it.

Mick.

Hi there!
What can you say about amigo reserve? Any information about it

It,s bullet proof, I own 3 (all 134's). We used it on the drop tests for the Reflex. The canopy survived the over speed/ over weight tests extremly well. Nice ride if you have to use it.

Mick.

If the canopy survived all 3 of the over speed/over weight test, it is a tough canopy. As far as the max. weight recommended, Gary lived to be as old as he is by being conservative.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals