pope

twixtor editing

Twixtor is by far the best option for slow motion editing that I have seen. It is easy to overdo it with the effect but when done correctly it looks great. slowing footage down for more than 3-5 seconds just overdoes the effect too much in my opinion but you have some excellent footage there to work with and the edit is showing that off. Are you typically just substituting Twixtored footage at the exit and opening for a normal NLE time edit? What is this doing to your render times since I have played with Premiere and Twixtor and it seems to add about 1-1.5 minutes of render for every second of edited footage. Are you seeing similar results?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Generally speaking, we typically twixtor about 10 frames of source media, often more or less as required by the rhythm of the edit. We edit mostly on Vegas, but sometimes on FCP for non-tandem edits. It's not unusual for our editors to use up to 4 or 5 "quickstors" (quick twixtors--just made that up now...I like it;) during a standard tandem edit. It does slow processing speed a bit, but even with that extra time, we're going from card to handoff in 12-16 minutes, and it's only getting faster. It's not adding as much time as you mentioned though...

FWIW, we're running Vegas Pro 10 on Windows 7 Pro with Boot Camp on 27" iMacs with 16GB ram in each.
cheers,
pope

What's with that deployment shot from above the canopy, you guys trying to kill off a TI?

Yes Dave. That's exactly what we're trying to do. Thanks for keeping it on topic.

He has a very good point though. A "top" shot like that has the potential and the history of getting deadly. For safety, stay on level with the tandem at deployment time, not any higher, do not pop-up on deployment.

I personally would not showcase an unsafe shot like that.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks for keeping it on topic.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that safety trumps editing tricks. Unless you're worried about how to slow-mo your camera guy taking out a tandem, go back to square one and get some safe fotoage to edit, then worry about how 'cool' you can make it look.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1716520;search_string=tandem%20collision%20jason;#1716520