outlaw

BH Optik 210 & Zkulls Hero Overkill?

Hey guys

I'm looking to use GoPro in stills mode, with Contour+ for video, both top mounted.

I am really keen on this combo (BH Optik 210 & Zkulls Hero Overkill) - Will it work? The 210's front looks very sloped...

Thanks
Olaf
Blue Skies!
Outlaw

To answer your question; yes it will probably work. You probably have to bend the metal plate that holds the gopro so it fits. Then you have to attach something behind the gopro to tilt it forward again, as the mounting plate has been bent.

I have a overkill mount for my Fuzion helmet. I thought it would fit right out of the box, but that was not the case. Its probably made to fit the Tonfly helmets, as it took a lot of adjustment, bending and relocating of holes to make it fit my helmet. I would probably have been better of making my own mount from scratch......

Thats why i wonder why you want to go for the overkill mount for the bonehead helmet. Especially as the BH helmets don't come with the Zkulls system. It would probably be easier to just mount both cameras on top of the helmet with the supplied mounts, or maybe build a plate that is slightly wider then the top of the helmet to mount the cameras on if the helmet is to narrow. Just bolt it to the top of your helmet.

Just my opinion. But yes, you can make the overkill mount fit, but it will require some work....

I see your point. Thank you.

Am now leaning more towards mounting the GoPro with Low-Pro mounting on the front by itself. (It will stand up a bit, as the 210's front is sloped)

Then mounting a CX-150 or something ontop, also by itself, with a Liquid Flatlock or equivalent.

This now begs a new question:

Will the GoPro be in the way of the CX's field of view??
Blue Skies!
Outlaw

if the gopro will get in the FOV is hard to say. Depends on what kind of lens you are planning to use on the CX. A 0,5x will be less prone to getting the gopro in it's FOV than a 0,3x.

I suppose you can slide the CX as far as possible forward on the flatlock, but if its gonna be enough is only going to be based on assumptions. Looking at the helmet in a picture i would say you might get away with it by sliding the cx far forward, but then again, only assumptions until someone actually tries it.