Tink1717

Noise in post

For some reason, I seem to be unable to get rid of sensor noise in post. I shoot low ISO (100-400 and rarely go higher), but I seem to get an excessive amount of noise no matter what. I'm shooting a Canon T1I and using Aperture for post.

Questions are:

1. Does any one know of a plug in that is better at getting rid of noise than the one in Aperture?

2. Is the sensor in a T1I inherently noisy or do I have a bad one?

3. Is there a Canon setting that reduces noise in the menu somewhere that I'm missing? I have the "long exposure noise reduction" turned on, but it seems to do nothing.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I shoot low ISO (100-400 and rarely go higher), but I seem to get an excessive amount of noise no matter what.

Google "native ISO T1I"

1. Does any one know of a plug in that is better at getting rid of noise than the one in Aperture?

Noise Ninja

2. Is the sensor in a T1I inherently noisy or do I have a bad one?

Hard to say, but it is a smaller sensor, so it will be noisier than its big brothers.

3. Is there a Canon setting that reduces noise in the menu somewhere that I'm missing? I have the "long exposure noise reduction" turned on, but it seems to do nothing.

Are you shooting in RAW?

Google "native ISO T1I"

OK, I'll check.

Noise Ninja

NN wiorks in Aperture?

Hard to say, but it is a smaller sensor, so it will be noisier than its big brothers

The reason I asked that was it seems others shooting the T1I don't have a noise issue.

Are you shooting in RAW?

Yep. Was thinking of going to JPEG to see if there was any difference.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717