bcockrell

SD Card Reader

I have had several different ones over the years and had to trash them all. Now i have 2 of these on each computer and they work the best IMO!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2206197&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003769IMO!

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

If you're like me, the TM's turn every load and shoot every load specs. In the past we've switced cards every time for us to edit or show. But...decided it was dicey to have $1000 worth of videos floating around so I bought a Nexto Di Extreme 500 gb speed reader. Instead of switching and keeping track of cards, I'll transfer the files at the field either by direct usb or in the card slot. Takes about 30 seconds to transfer. This way we have a back up of videos, they can watch at a PC through the hard drive, and the editor can import.

First year trying this so who knows!

I was told by the Belkin tech folks that their reader will not read a card over 1G. Is that incorrect? The cards we have 16G.

skydiveoc, you are correct, there are two of us doing 1500 tandems so we're turning around fairly quick. Is there less of a chance the sd card gets lost from the landing area to the editing machine? I'm just trying to completely understand the concept.

Thanks
Billy

Ive always been paranoid of a card turning up missing or stepped on or stolen by a jumper watching a spec. (ive caught one guy trying to remove it claiming he was trying to find his friend's footage)The TM might blame the editor or the catcher who handles the cards and still wants to get paid for lost vids, etc. Just a scenerio Im trying to avoid. We've had missing cards before and it quickly turned into a "you had it ...wait he had it" scene. Maybe by making an immediate copy maybe we can avoid that situation.

At the end of the day the TM's used to have to sift through 3 cards or so to archive. Some for specs...some for paid vids. This might relieve some of the work flow.

This Nexto Di Extreme was pricey...$299 i think and again we're in the concept phase of it now. Might throw it against a wall after a week who knows. We're not slated to open for another two weeks.