DSE

GetHypoxic blog

Great summary.

I can't agree with his comment about the vented helmet strap though. They are great to use if mounting the camera on the mud flap.

They are not so great for mounting the camera on a vented helmet though, since it is hard to tighten it enough to keep the camera from vibrating. At least when speed flying the camera vibrated a lot during take off. I've not tried it in freefall.

Bofh,

How are you mounting it on your mud flap. Going through it seems to require an 90degree adapter. I can see around it but it does not seem safe to me since it can fall down around your handles. Maybe you can post us a picture?

Thx,
-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Bofh,

How are you mounting it on your mud flap. Going through it seems to require an 90degree adapter. I can see around it but it does not seem safe to me since it can fall down around your handles. Maybe you can post us a picture?

Thx,
-Trunk

The mud flap is a bit soft on my wings rig, so I pulled the straps really tight around them so they deformed the mud flap slightly and then it could not move around even if a band came loose.

It's been a while since I did this, but I know I only used the things from the helmet kit, since I had not bought more gopro stuff at that time.

I don't think I've got a picature of it, but I can recreate it this evening and take some pictures.

The major drawback is that it does not have a cut system. Its quite easy to remove on the ground, but its probably a different thing if a canopy is pulling at the camera...

Here's some pictures.

What isn't clear is that I try to put the free ends of the straps below the straps, so if one gets loose, the friction will still keep it put. The drawback is that even if one opens up both the fasteners, the friction will still keep the mounting attached.

Hmmm... interesting mount. I am in the middle of having a mount made for the GP on the mudflap. My idea is to have a plate, like the BH Alti Mudflap mount, go up under the mudflap... I was thinking that it would be a more stable platform than something like this.
Very nice though.
Jason