Tink1717

7D jumpers

Anyone out there jumping a 7D, how do you trip the shutter? OR how do you rig a Conceptus switch?

I want to go to a 7D but I just got back from the camera store and found I have no way to trip the shutter. I'm still two months from getting it but I'd like to resolve that issue before I go to the 7D.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I've sent a separate email to conceptus asking for help, so don't suggest I do that, it's done.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You can either splice a Canon remote yourself or buy switches ready made for a Canon pro-camera (paragear, Laszlo). Lazlo can also make you a "converter remote" you can plug in the 7D on one end and your old switch on the other end.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. Conceptus told me about it too.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Kevin,
If you already have the switch with stereo plug (for Rebel) then just get this one.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/615567-REG/Dot_Line_RS_RTC_C3_RTS_Adapter_for_RS_RT06.html

If you can wait till safety day, I will show it to you. It works great.

Shogo