Wharewaka

Broken memory card slot CX100 x2!

Any one had a the slot for the memory card just break out of the blue? I took a card out, could not get the next card in, small plastic piece at the bottom of the slot... could be part of the mechanism for holding the card in place.
Anyone had it happen? Can the card(s) be the problem? I use Sony cards, can't see anything wrong with them....
It happened to my old camera, took my spare (never used) out, 5 jumps later same thing happens to that camera. I done about 1000 jumps or so on the cx 100s so it can't be me all the sudden doing something wrong.

I've had two CX100's so far, and the only problems with cards I have had have been intermittent - I take one card out, put a new one in, and get a card error. Removing and reinserting a few times usually solves the problem.

In general, repeated connection/disconnection of _anything_ can be problematic. I try to limit the number of times I take out the card or the Hypeye connector to once a day, max. (For video review I use the review port; the RCA connector is much more rugged and I don't care much if I have to replace it.)