the_sarge

Sony NEX-VG10 - interchangeable lens camcorder

Just being curious...

Has anyone jumped the Sony NEX-VG10?? Seems like a neat piece of hardware.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666239819

Interesting. Kinda looks like a CX100 with a handgrip and an interchangable lens.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Not even close. A WAY bigger sensor is first and foremost the big attraction. Sounds like the first salvo in the camcorder manufacturer's response to the DSLR +video market. And a pro version is coming up next. I'm actually curious what Canon has planned for this market. This could get interesting in the coming year.

Not even close. A WAY bigger sensor is first and foremost the big attraction. Sounds like the first salvo in the camcorder manufacturer's response to the DSLR +video market. And a pro version is coming up next. I'm actually curious what Canon has planned for this market. This could get interesting in the coming year.

I said it LOOKS like a CX100. I didn't say it WAS like a CX100.

See Tom? See Tom run? Run Tom, run!;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Its also a LOT bigger (physically) than a CX-100. Laszlo and I had a chance to finger-bang one at B&H last week, and it was pretty neato with the interchangeable lenses, but that big honking handle and the microphone assembly looked like they might be snag hazards.

Wish they'd make that crap removable.
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

...yes we got to have the camera in our hands.
It comes with a 18-200mm lens. On this camera because of its image sensor this 18-200mm lens gives a pretty much the same view just like any APS-C DSLR cameras.
In the other hand I think for the price and the size the camera seems to me very limited. The audio side of the camera seems to me a joke, even if that built in quad microphone sounds very cool. It has very few manual controls like focus and zoom just because of the SLR kind of lens. Only interlaced video no progressive. I assume the low light performance is good because of the size of the sensor.
Over all I think this camera is way too expensive for its capability. Also it's too big and bulky for its capability from the skydiving aspect. It would be an awesome camera with progressive scan, and pro features on both video and audio side.
-Laszlo-