Tink1717

Canon 7D for jumping?

Don’t take a few ounces of extra weight too lightly. Aside from the cumulative damage to the neck from a thousand or more camera jumps, a hard opening can cause immediate sever damage. My hip-bone and titanium neck, along with my paralyzed hand is bad enough; but the end of skydiving camera work hurts worse.B|

I’m also looking into getting a DSLR and looking at the following:

Canon EOS 7D
Canon EOS 60D
Canon EOS 600D (new)

Price aside, the 7D is quite nice, but when I recently checked it out at a camera shop it was substantially larger/heavier than I imagined. Of course it’s more rugged (magnesium alloy body), but is it just too much of a lump to have on top of your helmet for fun use?

What are the thoughts on the 60D or the new 600D?

Re Lazlo’s comment on the 7D being suitable for inexperienced photographers – that applies to me, so it’s still in the running. I’d also want to use it for other outdoor/actions sports.

Model info: http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/

I'd go with a T2i, T3i, whatever they're up to now, for jumping, save the nice heavy stuff for ground only.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.