LloydDobbler

ContourGPS

Looks like Contour's throwing out another cool little HD camera...

Contour is introducing today its first goggles-attached video camera that can mark your location as it records high-definition video.

The ContourGPS video camera has global positioning system (GPS) navigation built into it. The camera is targeted at outdoor enthusiasts who like to take video while they’re on hikes, skydiving, or otherwise doing something where you must have both of your hands free. You can share your videos online with a community of like-minded adventurers and share stories about your videos. The site combines video playback with an online map.

http://venturebeat.com/2010/09/13/contours-hands-free-video-camera-marks-location-as-it-records/

http://www.amazon.com/Contour-GPS-Full-Helmet-Camera/dp/B00426DQ2W/
Signatures are the new black.

Cool idea, but the GPS bit is better for snowboarding, hiking, etc., I think. As for skydiving I know where the DZ is so it's easy to geotag. Not a reason to upgrade my existing Contour but if I had to replace it I'd consider the upgrade. :P

Think tracking and/or wingsuiting...I want it (provided it works as well as the GPS loggers on the market).
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

I also find it intressting, but i wonder what they mean by:

The built-in GPS receiver tracks your location multiple times per second with pinpoint accuracy so you are able to capture your location, speed, and elevation while recording in beautiful hands free HD.

I guess that means more than once per second, but why cant they tell us how what the frequence is.