mikeo

what is a good hd camera to buy

I am looking to buy an hd camera. I have been using a digital sony but the quality is not that great and i need to update my camera. does anyone have any suggestions on which sony hd camera is good and not to expensive to buy. also with the new hd cameras do you need to buy lenses and if so what kind. i shoot tandem vids and big way stuff.

I would recommend a CX 150 instead of a CX 100 if it's not too expensive. It's generally a bit better (SD card, bigger internal storage, better sensor, less weight).

As for the lens, the century .55x is nice and small and light-weight (and about the same price as the raynox 3035), while the century .5x is slightly bigger, better and more expensive (and slightly wider than the raynox .3x when used on a CX 1xx camera).

CX150 is a great camera, but remember that the bottom load isn't optimal for everyone. Kind of a PITA for some helmet systems.

It seems to me that production quality is worse on 150, at least that my friend has (with piano black finish). My 105 looks more rugged and looks like it can take more abuse than 150. But it`s totally my point of view.
dudeist skydiver #42