Rstanley0312

cx110 lens recs

If I am looking for a .45 wide anlge lens for my cx110 where is the best place to look. Anyone have any advice on this or if I should perhaps use a different lens? Using this for tandems but I also want to use it for freefly fun vids.

Any advice would help
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Hmm not too sure if you'd be in any luck finding a HD .45 lens. You could go ahead and purchase a Opteka .50 or the Century .55x which would probably be your best bet for shooting tandems, however, it'd most likely wouldn't be wide enough for freefly fun jumps. [:/]

Just a quick word of advice would be to stick with HD wide angle lenses. If you used an SD wide lens despite having an HD quality vid camera it would only show up as an SD quality video.

Here is a link that helps with your decisions on lenses. :)
http://www.gethypoxic.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/61-cx100.html

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Hmm not too sure if you'd be in any luck finding a HD .45 lens. You could go ahead and purchase a Opteka .50 or the Century .55x which would probably be your best bet for shooting tandems, however, it'd most likely wouldn't be wide enough for freefly fun jumps. [:/]

Just a quick word of advice would be to stick with HD wide angle lenses. If you used an SD wide lens despite having an HD quality vid camera it would only show up as an SD quality video.

Here is a link that helps with your decisions on lenses. :)
http://www.gethypoxic.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/61-cx100.html

Thanks everyone! I wondered if I needed to go wider for freefly. Well right now I am more looking for an all around lens. I'm not turning crazy VFS points (yet) ;) so I will just get another lens when it is needed. I appreciate the help everyone.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

i had the same dilema and ended up going with a waycool 0.3 lens. i just zoom it in a little bit if i need to. Its great for filming big ways if i am in the formation and one day when i get my tandem rating will work good for handyscam.

Yeah, why not just put a crappy SD lens on a nice HD camera....

:S:S:S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

i had the same dilema and ended up going with a waycool 0.3 lens. i just zoom it in a little bit if i need to. Its great for filming big ways if i am in the formation and one day when i get my tandem rating will work good for handyscam.

Yeah, why not just put a crappy SD lens on a nice HD camera....

:S:S:S

I ended up getting a great deal on a HC3 full set up. It has some weight to it but from what I hear it is a solid camera. Back to the lense situation. I need one not only for good video but also bc I understand that it is good for protection and to keep the "shutter" open when back flying or flying head down.

I understand that it is good for protection and to keep the "shutter" open when back flying or flying head down.

I think you got a few things confused here :S

A few HD cameras have a backfly/sitfly problem (not so much headdown), but a HC3 is not one of those and even if it was a lens would do nothing to alleviate that particular problem.

Anyway the HD lens line-up has been discussed here a good number of times already, with pros and cons for each even listed next to each other, if you look a little.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I understand that it is good for protection and to keep the "shutter" open when back flying or flying head down.

I think you got a few things confused here :S

A few HD cameras have a backfly/sitfly problem (not so much headdown), but a HC3 is not one of those and even if it was a lens would do nothing to alleviate that particular problem.

Anyway the HD lens line-up has been discussed here a good number of times already, with pros and cons for each even listed next to each other, if you look a little.

I did a search but could not find specifics.... I will try again. I was told it did have that problem. I am new to the camera scene but I am very excited about it! Thanks for the tips.

The Century .55 is a great little/low profile lens.
The Raynox .5 is a very nice tandem lens.
The Opteka .5 is a very decent lens.
Based on PM's (and what's in the Sticky) I'm not a fan of .3 for tandems, even if you're able to fly pretty close. .3 are good for door shots on small door aircraft, but (IMO) they aren't so hot for freefall. They're also great for inside video when freeflying, of course.

The Century .55 is a great little/low profile lens.
The Raynox .5 is a very nice tandem lens.
The Opteka .5 is a very decent lens.
Based on PM's (and what's in the Sticky) I'm not a fan of .3 for tandems, even if you're able to fly pretty close. .3 are good for door shots on small door aircraft, but (IMO) they aren't so hot for freefall. They're also great for inside video when freeflying, of course.

Thank you!!!!

Why not? I think the most used lens on HD cameras here in the country for FS4 teams and tandems is the raynox .3, with the opteka .3 moving in, and a few jumpers with the raynox .5 or century .55.
The opteka .3 is a little too wide for my taste for both FS4 and tandems and I also fly around/up and back a bunch on tandems and then the horizon moves fishy with that lens. But the raynox .3 isn't so wide and isn't quite as fishy, I love mine :)
This is with a HC5+raynox .3

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have to agree that the Raynox .3 had a great picture and wasn't TOO wide at all, unfortunately mine had a fogging problem and being that it was so big, one little bump in the door was all it took to take a flying leap... on it's own. :P I replaced it with the Century .55 and I think that is a great lens and unbelievably low profile to boot.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

The Raynox isn't a "typical" .3, so it fits outside the generalization by a bit. If you look at the Raynox .3 in the lens tests (can't find the link offhand), it's nowhere near as wide as the Century, Opteka, and the "old guard" .3 skydiving lenses. It's really more of a .4 than a .3, plus its multielements flatten out the image more (and can suffer fogging).

Not a fan of people with fat noses and thin faces and if the subject isn't centered, they're far away (with most .3).