crazydiver

Sony CX100 Recording Straight to Memory Stick?

Hey All,

Looking at upgrading to an HD camcorder but dont want to shell out the bucks for something brand spanking new. I was looking at the Sony CX100 and realized that the internal memory thing may be a problem since I'm going to be using this for back to back tandem videos where I have to swap out the memory stick before loading the plane again.

Is it possible to record the video straight onto the memory stick instead of having to dub it from the internal memory to the memory stick? If not, how long does that dub process take for a short tandem video and is the process simple enough to do on a back to back?

If its not, then I'm gonna have to look for a model that doesn't have any internal memory.

Cheers,
Travis

Nevermind, I just found it in the manual. Looks like you can select where to save the video and photos to separately.

One more question, like the video settings that have to be reset each day, does this setting have to be reset each day as well?

Cheers,
Travis

when I'm doing back to back tandems (and we have an editor) my workflow is to hand off the memory stick (video) and SD card (pictures) to an editor then go pack for the next load... or grab my backup rig and head to the plane with a spare set of digital media in the cameras.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...