Vegas render time

Recently I switched camera's and am now jumping a Sony CX105. I bought Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 9.0 for editing video's. I'm not used to using software to edit tandemvideo's, so I spend some time trying to figure how Vegas works. I haven't even scratched the surface I think, there are a lot of options in Vegas.

My question is about the render time in Vegas. I'm importing AVCHD file from the CX105, and the video's are about 10 minutes long. The render time alone is about 15 minutes each time. Am I doing something wrong? I was hoping for quicker render times. I'm using a MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz.) with 4 GB RAM.

Any tips or insights are appreciated.

I had the same complaint, using the latest i7 proccessor and 16G RAM. Without respect to your resources, rendering HD video is the culprit.

I started shooting in SD (HQ) and my render times for a 7 to 8 minute tandem video went from 8 to 9 minutes to 2 minutes and some change.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

a few things will really slow down rendering.
A-shooting HD when delivering SD isn't a great means of working, but it shouldn't be a 2:1 render time, either

B-Adding FX, especially those that require spatial shift (blurs, light rays, etc) will seriously slow down renders.

C-be SURE you haven't accidentally put the opacity to anything but 100%. This is why there is the Audit tool in the VASST Production Assistant and Ultimate S plugins for Vegas Pro (These plugs don't work in Movie Studio).