PROGRESSIVE

SSE Altimeter, wrist mount gone bad

Today I crawled out onto the wing of a twin bonanza, waiting for the count. After several seconds of having a death grip on the outside handle, we left the aircraft for a hoop dive. The problem is that after I went through the hoop, I checked my altimeter and it read 2,000 ft. Talk about a wake up call! I looked at the ground and the people still looked like ants and I realized something happened to my altimeter while hanging on to the rail.

The next jump it pretty much did the same thing. It has lost its ability to correctly display the altitude. It starts to go bad after 3,000 feet and gets progressively worse as we're climbing to altitude.

Is the Altimaster III, made by SSE, still being serviced? And if so, by whom?

Hey, this is ALTI-BOB. I am the West Coast Service Representative for Alti-2. You can get this serviced by checking the web site out and sending it to the main office in Deland or to myself in CA. if you are on the west coast. The best source of info is the website, address is www.alti-2.com.