jumpingjack223

Nikon - Coolpix 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera??????????

Would this be a good camera for shooting stills on tandems? I want something light, cheap and decent thanks.

[url]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+Coolpix+10.0-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Black/9220229.p?skuId=9220229&productCategoryId=abcat0401002&cmp=%20%20&lid=abn_sku_2_Digital%20Cameras_SKU_9220229_TXT&id=1218061795563

I concur with Phree. No remote release, then useless for skydiving. Additionally, this particular camera does 13FPS for 30 seconds, but only at 3megapixels. So what's the point of having a 10mp camera?

If you want really cheap, go with a film-based camera. But that will provide you with all kinds of limitations due to the digital reality of today.

Don't skimp on your camera equipment. If you do, the results will be noticeably inferior to your peers. The customers and the jumpers will notice, and you'll get less work over time. Then, when you do upgrade, it'll be difficult to overcome the bad rep.
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

Link fixed.

I have the P90 Coolpix. Next model up the scale. It's a really great compromise between a point-and-shoot and an SLR

It takes great pictures, and the versatility is really nice.

But, as has been said, without a way to attach a remote shutter release, it won't work.

I've toyed with the idea of rigging up a way to attach a remote release, but it's probably simpler, cheaper and more reliable to get a different camera.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo