javip82

Coming back to the sport after 5 years =P

Hello everyone. Thinking of coming back to the sport after 5 years of absence. Just wanted to know if anyone of you can put me up to date on the last 5 years :P

Does anyone know how coming back to the sport works after so long. How many training jumps?

Thanks

Welcome back! You will have to do recurrency training and at least 1 jump with an instructor. Depending on how that goes and the policies of your DZ, they will decide from there if you need to train more or can get back into it. But the USPA only requires the 1 eval jump.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Other than the one mandatory jump with an instructor, it's all up to you brother. I just came back after a 20 year layoff with 584 jumps. Did a refresher with the instructor (who was great) and when done he asked me if I was ready to skydive....after an honest assessment I said no. Paid the man and re-evaluated my plan.

I ended up coming back that Thursday evening and going through the first jump AFF class on my own call which was fun and was enough to get where "I" wanted to be with EPs and digest the changes since I last jumped. Total support from the DZ who didn't even charge me for the class.

We did AFF jump 1, the instructor said I was ready for the graduation jump but I chose to do a level 5 prior. Again, total support from the DZ.

It's been a little over a month now and I'm shopping for a new rig....glad to be back!