jtval

They printed my photo and didnt even credit me

So....
FIRST!!!

I've had issue with people wanting photos without wanting to compensate me but this is the firt time they printed one without my knowledge or consent.

I contacted the editor and asked him to either give me credit and add a link to my shutterfly account or compensate me finacially for using my photo.

What would you do? I'm not looking to sue this guy. Im not looking to cause a big deal. it's a small time paper/website but at a minimum they need to credit me.
My photos

My Videos

The question in this case is who gave them the photo? If it was the USAFWB officers or just a team member? Did you take the image on your own dime or did you do the "work for hire" as a member of the USAFWB? Because it would seem to me that if your taking images of the WB's as a member of that team and employed by the tax payers of the USA then all those images belong to uncle sam and not you.

Not knowing your contract I have no real idea, but it's food for thought. If the images is yours they owe you payment, if the images is property of US government then your SOL.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

They already added the photo credit.

Issue solved:D.

It was a shoot we did for a boys life magazine during one of our training camps.

It's a weird situation.
They "hired" me for video and instruction but the still cam was not bought by the normal military avenues. They were donated.

So they have no solid claim to ownership...neither do I, I guess. But I see it like this.

If I shoot the shot then it's my photo. I used my experience to get the shot.
However, I do not charge the team, air force, cadets if they want a copy.

But I do charge news outlets etc.

My photos

My Videos