fendor1369

ContourHD 1080p out of the box...

Received my contourHD 1080p camera today, I am very excited to see how it performs.

First impressions, very light weight which is good. In the box was the goggle mount, sticky helmet mount and a USB cable. I do not trust the sticky mount for skydiving, easy fix I am going to reinforce the mount with with two small bolts through the mount, easy day. No lens cap? It did not come with a lens cap for storage, which sucks.

Ok let’s fire it up, put the battery in, switch is in HD mode cool power on. Hit record and let it run for a min. Connected it to my laptop, no insta play back kinda sucks. Np I can deal with that. Plug it in and my laptop picks it up np. Play the video with VLC, great picture quality and sound is good.

Over all I am happy with it, just need to mount on my Bonehead Mamba and take it for a jump and see how it dose in freefall.

So far the only cons are no insta play back and no lens cap.

Anyone else have one that they have jumped? I am interested in seeing how you have it mounted
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"

Hi,
the sticky part holds on ok but the velcro is really bad. 2 jump and the camera gets knocked off. Lucky I had the lanyard on, but there should be no need for one.

I agree with DSE, 75 jumps is "a little bit" low for jumping with a camera...

blue skies
Mike
www.321chutelibre.fr
www.saut-en-parachute.com

Just got this from Dawn at 2k composites, its made from aluminum and will about 95 grams and cost £68.00 UK pounds.
I am going to mount this flat [horizontally] on top so i can yous it for flying flat and head down.

Do they exist? Those aren't photographs, they are computer generated images.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."