The111

Any way to improve CX100 low light performance?

Did a jump today 30 minutes before sunset and the video was grainier than a true sunset jump with my HC5. I knew this was going to happen... the sensor on the CX100 is significantly smaller, and I don't think there's any way around that. But, in case there is something I am missing... any way to improve it?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

not much. You can force the slow shutter, but honestly, I'd be afraid of what that would do to the image (never done a skydive with it engaged).

It just doesn't have enough manual control. You could set the exposure for that level of sky, and that would clean it up by not allowing it to kick into gain modes, but still would be noisy.
Problem is, AVCHD, small sensor, and low light all add up to noise.
You might try Mike Crash's denoiser, it's free. It works reasonably well on AVCHD.

If you are using Vegas you can enhance the image. Not sure what it does for graininess (thats a DSE ?) I'm sure you can do the same with Final Cut.
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

If you use the CURVES tool (never, ever use Brightness/Contrast), then you raise the chroma levels in the image and can do more with it. Mike Crash makes a (free) great denoiser. FCP has nothing that is close in quality unless you're willing to pay high $$ for it. TooMuchTooSoon has a decent freebie, but it's not mind-blowing.