Pawel

Hypeye pro on/off not workin

Ok bit of an issue. Camera HDR CX100 with hypeye pro d. If I try to turn it off with hypeye the camera shuts off and then turns back on after 3 sec. I did disable the power on by LCD. any suggestions on how to turn off camera with hypeye pro and stay off?

Our hypeyes have started giving us trouble as well. They are putting too much pressure or vibration on the port on our cx 12's resulting in the camera missing frames, shutting off and not recording. The camera will shut off randomly when turned on using the controller.

We figured out what was causing the video stoppage when we gently wiggled the jack. The port on the camera has loosened as well.

The skin on the button as also peeled off after about 1/2 year of usage.

We now only use the thing as an indicator light and turn the camera on and press record using the camera on off and record button, not the hypeye. The hypeye now is a $100 indicator light.

If you are a commercial video person, I would think twice about using a hypeye or cam eye for that matter. The have historically caused me trouble.

Josh send me your address and I can send you replacement housing out right away. The camcorder's AV /R connector consists of 10 conductors all soldered on a PCB board in about a 8mm area. It luckily has 2 bosses on either side that gives it some stability. With that said, constant torquing of that connector may cause one of those pins to loosen or as I have seen with the LANC jack, the circuit boards trace to crack.

I think this is the nature of the beast with having something plugged into the camera while skydiving. It really needs as minimal as possible torque and pressure on it in freefall to prevent the vibration from damaging the port. Like wise, constant plugging and unplugging on the ground will have a lifespan on it. I have not seen sony publish any numbers on the amount of insertions and extractions from the AV /R connector before a failure but assume it to be around the 5,000 point. This was one of the main reasons for the debrief port; to reduce the number of times we have to plug and unplug the HYPEYE D PRO.

I can theorize in your case either the leads inside the camcorders connector, or one of the pads inside the camcorder has gotten lifted and pressure is causing two pads to short. The way you wrote this post makes it sound like it is the camera causing the issue. However, if you find it is the HYPEYE D PRO cable, I can surely replace that for you for no charge.

In summary, we are using a connector that is not necessarily made for our extreme environment. The HYPEYE D PRO is a great indicator and control solution using only what Sony has offered us. Send us an email at [email protected] and we will see if we can't isolate and hopefully fix the problem.
HYPOXIC

Thanks so much for the support!

The jack gets a lot of use...we hand cam these cx 12's so the glove applies pressure to the jack. Also, we spec each one so...alot of unplugging and pluggin back in. To use the debrief plug we would need 2 cameral set ups. Might have to go that way.