Spike

Slider hangup

Hi folks,

I jump a Chuteshop ZP.exe170 in a VortexII container and on my last few jumps my slider has stopped about a 1/3rd of the way down. I pump the rear risers and down it pops.

I've searched through the posts and see that people say its not really a problem as you can get it down. I'm not concerned over my soft slooow openings, and its definitely not a streamer. Rather, I don't understand why the slider has started sticking, it used to come all the way down by itself. So my question is, what's changed? I haven't suddenly lost weight, nor upsized my main, or changed the way I pack.

Anyone got any ideas?

Chances are that your canopy is opening slower because the lines have stretched or shrunk out of trim.
As your local rigger to measure your lines. If the canopy has more than 300 - 400 jumps he will probably recommend replacing all the lines. This involves either A: shipping the canopy back to the original manufacturer or B: asking the manufacturer to ship a line set to your local rigger.

Hi Alun,

Love it, love it, love it....;)

I have a couple of reservations (no pun intended:ph34r:) but for the most part I'm really happy + I bought mine at "the right price".

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=510003#510003

Skystorm seemed to think the material was really slippy, but I find mine a breeze to pack compared to my team mates Sabre2.

When its time to downsize I'll probably go for a Velocity. For two reasons, I demo'd one and liked it and I've taken quite a bit of coaching from XL and they all fly under velocity's.

Cya ;)