Tuna-Salad

Camera Question.

I am looking at sony cameras online and I know most people use the HC series, but I am seeing a lot of TVR and CCD.

CCD to my knowledge is a type of display?
Anyway if possible I would like to know if these are any better or worse than the handycam series.

What is the TVR / CCD is what I'm driving at..
Are these bad for freefall video?
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

TRV is the older Sony model set. I used a TRV 19 and a TRV 21 for a while. I'm actually getting rid of them now since they are old standard def camera's and shoot in 4:3 format only. Nice cheap camera but don't expect it to have any bells and whistles.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

CCD is a sensor type. There are two in-use sensor types:
CCD-charged couple device
CMOS-complementary metal oxide semiconductor

Mumbo jumbo is that while both were invented at the same time, CCD was higher quality in the past due to the power and light requirements of CMOS. In the past decade, the cost and techno leaps of CMOS not only can provide equal/superior image, but is less costly. CCD has reached the end of it's developmental life. CMOS is more or less at half-life. Your cell phone and computer likely have CMOS imagers/sensors.
Some folks think 3 ccd or 3 cmos are better, and this used to be true. It no longer is. Most of the newer high end cameras are going to larger, single chip sensors.

Has nothing to do with the TRV part of your question :P but we all know how I love to vomit techno-jargon.

Alright so that stuff is pretty much old tech... not bad for starter though I don't guess.
I meant to ask also. I have seen a lot that record to HI-8.
What is the low down on the Hi-8? old tech? new tech? Somewhere in the middle? Does it just plain suck?
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I have an old Eight Track you could buy cheap! Anyway...

Hi 8 ... very old Technology
TRV's are Mini DV
Today's cameras are much smaller and disc or Hard Drive.

TRV's work very well. They are durable and most have LANC capabilities. Good image stablazation and Carl Zues lens. Kinda large by today's standards, but can be had cheap.

Hope this helps. But, it looks like you need to update your profile or make a few more jumps before you take a camera into the plane. Ask if you need help setting up a camera. It's been my experience, the guys/gals on this forum are great engineers and always willing to share.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I have an old Eight Track you could buy cheap! Anyway...

Hi 8 ... very old Technology
TRV's are Mini DV
Today's cameras are much smaller and disc or Hard Drive.

TRV's work very well. They are durable and most have LANC capabilities. Good image stablazation and Carl Zues lens. Kinda large by today's standards, but can be had cheap.

Hope this helps. But, it looks like you need to update your profile or make a few more jumps before you take a camera into the plane. Ask if you need help setting up a camera. It's been my experience, the guys/gals on this forum are great engineers and always willing to share.

CD-DISC & HardDisc DOES NOT WORK IN FREEFALL!!!!!
Mini-DV tape or solid stateB|
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

I currently use a TRV22 for handcam with no issues even though it is a little bigger than other cameras around. Have used a TRV33 but it isn't as good as although it looks exactly the same, it isn't as wider angle as the 22.