JumpCrazy

NLE Infinity riser covers

I have one of the older Infinitys (1997) made by NLE. The riser cover tuck tabs are really small and don't like to stay closed all the time. They tend to pop open when I climb into the plane (must be the result of trying to cram into a 182:S). They also open when I try to sitfly (note the TRY because I am just learning:)
Has anybody else experienced the same problem? I would like them to be more secure but need some ideas on what can be done to relsolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Flying Hellfish #470

Yes, riser covers are difficult to design.
In the short run, ask your rigger if your reserve canopy is the proper size for your container.
Next time he repacks it, ask your rigger to pack less bulk across the top of the reserve container, that should help a bit.

The reserve is the correct size and a rigger I asked also said that this current pack job is as you described. Its just that the tuck tabs are so small that when the wind catches the covers, they don't hold. Is there any way of modifying the tabs, or adding velcro that would work? Has anyone else done this?
Flying Hellfish #470

JumpCrazy, give us a call at Velocity Sports Equipment- 360-893-6111. We can probably take care of that for you. There are some geometry issues that can't completely be fixed (without costing an arm and a leg), but we can make them work better.