jmpnjeff

video editing

I've used Sony Vegas for years (for non skydiving related video) and its really well put together. Easy to learn and workflow is good!

But i recently got the Adobe Master Collection CS4 which included the Premiere Pro CS4, and im currently getting to know it. its not a hard software to learn once you get the hang of the basics! Ill use it for sure when i start jumping camera this summer!

PP CS4.0 is heavy on the processing and its abilities since the Master suite builds in all the other programs such as Photoshop and AfterEffects so tightly. That is where I think the program really shines is in its deep abilities to go far beyond just a video editor, the new CS4 ha a 3d modeler and can use a lot of the plugins from Photoshop directly so the effects you can create are far beyond what most users should be allowed to use.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What about Adobe Premiere Elements 7? I don't use it myself but I thought it does AVCHD natively?

I haven't tried Elements 7. although they *advertise* native handling of AVC, I don't know that it does.
FCS and FCP both advertise native handling of HDV... and neither does.

What about Adobe Premiere Elements 7? I don't use it myself but I thought it does AVCHD natively?

I haven't tried Elements 7. although they *advertise* native handling of AVC, I don't know that it does.
FCS and FCP both advertise native handling of HDV... and neither does.

How can you tell if it does?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Stick a card in the card reader, drag a file from the Windows Explorer straight to the timeline. If it shows full rez and plays, then it does. If it shows at quarter rez and plays, it doesn't. If it doesn't load the stream at all, it doesn't.

Stick a card in the card reader, drag a file from the Windows Explorer straight to the timeline. If it shows full rez and plays, then it does. If it shows at quarter rez and plays, it doesn't. If it doesn't load the stream at all, it doesn't.

Just installed PE7 for the heck of it.
Neither PP CS4 and PE7 seem to accept a file straight to the timeline. If I import a 3 min MTS file (95 MB) and then play it they both seem to behave the same, importing is quick enough, maybe PE7 is having a little more trouble playing it smoothly. This is on a "medium performance" laptop. Not sure what to make of this, seems PE7 for AVCHD works fine. Maybe I'll start using it, as I can't seem find a decent (= 1 click) way to export the timeline to DVD from CS4 like there used to be in all previous versions I used B|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I should have reworded that; nothing will go straight to a timeline, but should go straight to a bin (import). Then go straight to a timeline (from the card).

Either way...I guess I need to go get a copy of Elements so I can see how it's editing for myself. Adobe doesn't comp us copies of that software.