lewmonst

Aperture 2 vs. Photoshop?

I've always been a Photoshop user. But in looking at Macs, I'm considering other options. Just in looking at the promo for Aperture 2, it looks more like Photoshop Elements than the comprehensive Photoshop program. (I don't like Elements - too dummied-down)

Is Photoshop still the best? Is there any comprable program just for Macs?

Thanks,
Karen
http://www.exitshot.com

They're different apps with a different purpose.
Photoshop=editing, manipulation of photos and graphics.
Aperture/Lightroom=development/processing of digital images, and delivery to print or web.

Aperture and Lightroom allow for limited processing of images but neither one are Photoshop (and Photoshop can't efficiently do what Lightroom/Aperture do, either).

Depends on what you wish to do.
If you only want to adjust exposure, crop, maybe some minor color correction, and publish to web/gallery/proofsheet/print, then Aperture/Lightroom are all you need.

If you wish to go beyond those actions, you'll want Photoshop (which is also available for Mac).

FWIW, i have an MBP with Adobe CS4 on both Windows and OS X sides, Photoshop runs quite a bit faster on the PC side. Then again, so does Premiere.
In other words, if you're gonna get a Mac, consider enough storage space to run Windows over Bootcamp, particularly if you want AVCHD editing capability.