alexey

Shit can happend

Racer, total mal.
When reserve was delivered for repack, was found some not-so-good things (see in attachment).
Riser type 8, connector #5.
As I think, there are some variants to prevention:
1. softlink
2. Bumper
3. Fixed connector

Sorry for bad English...
Lexa

bulleten.jpg

When the barrel is closed, it is off-center. The better choice is to orient the link with the long end toward the riser, lines on the short end. The photo shows the probable orientation upside-down.

Slider bumpers would have helped maintain orientation, but the riser can be also be tacked to prevent link rotation.

Mark

Racer, total mal.
When reserve was delivered for repack, was found some not-so-good things (see in attachment).
Riser type 8, connector #5.
As I think, there are some variants to prevention:
1. softlink
2. Bumper
3. Fixed connector

Sorry for bad English...

Are you sure it's a Racer and not a clone?
The reason I ask is Racers use type 13 webbing (7000 lbs)in their harnesses, the webbing pictured is type 8 (4000 lbs). Type 8 is thinner and therefore more susceptible to abrasion and / or tearing.

I would check the link for trapped fibers in the barrel and any rough spots on it's surface also check the container for objects with sharp edges (raised grommets, exposed stiffener plates, etc).

Mick.

Was that the main riser or the reserve riser?

Racer's have ty XIII webbing for their harness sections, so if that's a reserve riser, it probably wasn't a Racer. (the pic was of ty VIII webbing)

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

I just looked at a couple Racers on the rack. The main lift web and front reserve risers are Type 13, but the rear reserve risers are Type 8 -- and checking the photo, it looks like there's a guide ring on the riser.

Mark

Your right I forgot about the rear risers, my bad. It's been a while since I've either packed or built one.

Mick.