nikejumper

Sony A200

Please fill out your profile and you'll get better responses.
If you read the sticky at the top it will answer most of your questions.
Canon is the most widely used still camera in skydiving. Remote switches are readily available for it too.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I have always shot canon , i think they are an excellent choice due to light weight and remote switches are everywhere for them .I mean the majority of the skydiving world is using them ,that should tell you something.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Why do you think the Canon is the most widely used ? Is Nikon too expensive ? Thanks

Nikon is absolutely fine. The more expensive models are excellent to jump. The Nikon starter models however do not have a wired remote (D40, D40x, D60) so if you want a starter camera (ie, low budget and lightweight) you need to buy Canon. From D80 and up the choice is yours. Remotes for nikon are no more hassle than remotes for the prosumer and pro canon cameras: some switches for these cameras can be bought ready-to-go, some need buying the right remote and using the plug from that. The remote for the canon starter cameras are the easiest as most switches can be bought ready-to-go.

After buying Canon's piece of $%^ 300D I was very displeased as I loved my previous Canon D30, I promptly made the switch to Nikon, and I now happily jump a D80 and a D200 ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia