carlabrey

Is Sony DCR-DVD92 good for skydiving?

i don't know much about this stuff. i'm trying to get my husband a D-box for the Sony DCR-DVD92. i tried to order one from bonehead and they advised me to look into it before buying the D-box. because it uses a small cd it will skip during freefall. but, they sell the lense for this specific camera at paragear.com. is it that much of a problem? Should i buy a new camera or go with the d-box? any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

The camera is useless for skydiving. Anything that uses DVD's or CD's is junk for jumping. Look at tape based or solid media systems. Search the forums for model info, if its not here then its usually not jumpable.

Paragear does not sell a lens specifically for this camera, they sell one in a size that happens to fit it - big difference.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The lenses they sell have a universal 'thread' that fits most cameras.
So they list every type of camera (as the wide-angle lenses are also not made for skydiving alonge).

For video stuff on the ground, the DVD/Hard-drive cameras are a cool thing.
But for skydiving, the bumps and G forces of freefall and parachute openings/landings tend to ask a bit more of a camera, and its easy to break the CD and/or Harddrive in a skydive-enviroment.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

:S
The lady does not appear to be an active poster here and is only trying to buy a present for her husband - wouldn't hurt to help her out some, would it?

I'd hope that if my wife came on here and asked a simple question she wouldn't get a load of pissy answers.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

:S
The lady does not appear to be an active poster here and is only trying to buy a present for her husband - wouldn't hurt to help her out some, would it?

I'd hope that if my wife came on here and asked a simple question she wouldn't get a load of pissy answers.

BINGO! You ACTUALLY READ THE POST! SWEET!
I deleted a few posts that were snarky, and the couple of people who were deleted got really pissy about it.
Read the original post. Carla is looking to buy a gift for her hubby.
It looks like this thread has run it's course, and no point in continuing it.