keithbar

killed my camera this weekend

i did a oops butter fingers. and dropped my p.c. 101 this past weekend. it hit on the edge of the wide angle lens and snapped off the plastic around the front of the camera. it was such a clean break i picked it up and tried to snap the thing back together. no such luck. the wild thing is right after it happened ( while holding the lens in place) I was able to rewind the tape. watch the jump. and eject the tape. now the camera powers up and if you push down to close it starts to close but then pops back open. it is stuck open will not take a tape. there is a little flat wire that seems to come from out of the camera and attaches to the plastic ring around the lens. I'm wondering if I can reattach this wire. and make the camera work a an editing vcr. I really think if I didn't have the wide angle attached the camera would have survived the fall intact. anyone ever have experience with this?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I did something similar to my HC30 a few years ago. I was climbing in the back of a truck, stepped on my canopy, slipped and fell, on my helmet. Broke the front 3/4's of the way around. Epoxy worked to hold it together for a year until a riser strike finished it off. It still worked, but I didn't have the wire issue either. Good luck.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.