flr169

pc1000 ----hc5

I'm getting an FF3 helmet......actually its ordered...

after seeing the FF3 with the hc5 mounted a few posts down...i'm thinking get rid of the pc and get myself an hc5...

ebay is showing $800 + for a pc1000 while I can get a HC5 for less than $400...

im actually looking at one for less than 200 right now..

any suggestion / advice would be appreciated...

its going be used for fun jumps....I'm also planning a 3 week trip to Lodi in march or april of 09 to rack up my jump numbers and experience....wanna get into tandem video next summer if things go as planned and my jump numbers go up and my experience level is acceptable....

thanks for any and all advice

mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

In most ways, an HC5 is superior to the PC1000. It's more or less current, it's higher resolution, and even in SD mode, a better image than the PC1000 can offer.
It's shorter/fatter, but that doesn't impact much. Difficult to sidemount without the helmet being recessed, but it appears you've got that managed already.

In most ways, an HC5 is superior to the PC1000. It's more or less current, it's higher resolution, and even in SD mode, a better image than the PC1000 can offer.

what he said.

I switched from PC1000, which i absolutely LOVED. HC5 and CX7 are my choices for skydiving cameras now.
I mean, come on man, we're almost in 2009, why buy a 2005 camera even if it's new?

well I'm the proud owner of a HC5 ( brand new ) for under $400....

I'm happy...

PC1000 will be up on ebay tonight for sale....

:)
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Is the HC5 a discontinued camera now? Did you buy one on ebay?

Zoekt en gij zult vinden
(Search and you will find)

I bought a second HC5 (as spare) 2 weeks ago, in a regular shop, NEW in the box with a year guarentee!!
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Ya the one I got off ebay a week or so ago, was brand new with a year warranty...