GQ_jumper

Lenses for handcam

I'm putting together my own handcam setup for tandems and was wondering if anyone can give me any recommendations on lenses. the camera is a Sony PC-9, not sure if that makes any difference. Thanks everyone.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm putting together my own handcam setup for tandems and was wondering if anyone can give me any recommendations on lenses. the camera is a Sony PC-9, not sure if that makes any difference. Thanks everyone.

Do a search on this forum
.25 or wider is what you need. (Also order the filter as you might damage the lens easy)
This is what a waycool setup including .25 lens captures on a HDR HC5. (Check that you order the correct thread size for your camera). Check the waycool website, gives you all the info and also advise
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

How do the frame grabs from the cx12 compare to those from a 3 chip camera like the pc1000?

How big can you print with reasonable quality?

pc1000 is still normal DV. The 3-chips will improve the quality of the colours, but the resolution is still DV.
CX12 or any other HDV camera used a 1900x1080i resolution, This resolution can be printed on 4x6in. Besides that the small wideangle lens you put on the camera will be the limiting factor as handcam lenses are single element lenses (not the best optical quality)
I found out that the all lenses sold for handcam show a little bit of vignetting when used in 16x9 image format (shows on framegraps and laptop, not on TV), also the ones that claim no vignetting. This is based on 4x3image format
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!