virgin-burner

all this camera yabber..

..gets me all worked up!

trying to get a camera, dont mind second-hand, could get a pc100, pc109, pc110.. all in the 400$ range. or a hc28/46/90/96 new?

i'd like a side-mount.

or get all fancy, buy cookie-box and HC7/9!?

after reading and reading, i must admit, i'm completely clueless. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

that is a very good question. i guess i'm fond of the pc-series sizes. good for sidemount. the 28/48-types are slightly bigger and seem to be a bit on the cheap side, well, if you have one in your fingers that is. the 7/9's seem only to work as a top-mount.

i just dont know what to get! *sigh*
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

..gets me all worked up!

trying to get a camera, dont mind second-hand, could get a pc100, pc109, pc110.. all in the 400$ range. or a hc28/46/90/96 new?

i'd like a side-mount.

or get all fancy, buy cookie-box and HC7/9!?

after reading and reading, i must admit, i'm completely clueless. :|

ebay is loaded with sony pc series units. I got a nice pc100 for $250. Works great and even came with extra batteries and a hard case.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Although my old Sony PC-5 is still hanging in there quite ok, I plan to start jumping a still cam along and think about a new camcordedr with better image quality.

Now -

Is there a Cam that records to Flash (SDHC/MemStick), has 3CCD (or equal pic quality/CMOS), Full HD option and LanC capability in a preferrably vertical form factor?

Asking to much, i guess - I'm just a niche consumer, huh?
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Although my old Sony PC-5 is still hanging in there quite ok, I plan to start jumping a still cam along and think about a new camcordedr with better image quality.

Now -

Is there a Cam that records to Flash (SDHC/MemStick), has 3CCD (or equal pic quality/CMOS), Full HD option and LanC capability in a preferrably vertical form factor?

Asking to much, i guess - I'm just a niche consumer, huh?

Nope. LANC is a tape-based protocol, and you're wanting some sort of Flash recording technology. Why 3 CCD? Vertical form factor...yes. 3 CCD, no. CCD is _just_ about dead.

Well, doesn't have to be CCD quote>(or equal pic quality/CMOS) I haven't been shopping around for Camcorders until late last year, I'm not up to speed on what technology is really hip these days (other than Flash).

Good to know LanC is a tape-based protokoll - is there any wired remote control available for Flash based camcorders?
Vertical form factor because I'll need the top for the still cam. A narrow cylindrical cam may also apply for side mounting.

So with LanC and CCD out of the race, the question remains:

What cams are there which (in order of importance)

- have good image quality (eventually HD capability)? (My reference is the PC-1000, best image quality in I've seen so far)

- record to flash (no drive=less weigth), (minimum fullres SD).

- preferably vertical form factor (can be cylindrical if it's not too wide)

- have a wired remote (optional)

Or to put it straight; if you had to get a comcorder now that you'd want to put on next to a still cam and that should be lightweigth with excellent picture, which would you go for? ;)
TIA, this really saves hours and hours of homework! :P:)

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...