velocityphoto

Mac and CX-7 ?

I know we talked a little bit about this before on here.I wonder if i can edit in imovie version (5.0.2) ? Its an older imac 2.1 processor 2.5 gig of ram.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I don't believe so, no.
My system doesn't go back that far, so perhaps someone who has an older/slower system and has iLife can test from a downloadable clip, but I don't believe it can. iMovie 7 is when they added AVCHD (sorta).

I don't believe so, no.
My system doesn't go back that far, so perhaps someone who has an older/slower system and has iLife can test from a downloadable clip, but I don't believe it can. iMovie 7 is when they added AVCHD (sorta).

What're you using for editing on the mac?

Sounds like youve got minimum requirements for imovie ( unless you have G4 processor then don't bother playing with anything HD)

It depends on the camera as well. some tapeless cameras will not let you take HD if you have a G5 even if you have Imovie08 so you might want to find out from apple if the CX-7 is one of those cameras. I have a friend with a sony HDD and he can only grab SD on his G5 and if he want HD ive got to do it for him:S

.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later. is the only other thing you need to have i think...

I have a friend with a sony HDD and he can only grab SD on his G5 and if he want HD ive got to do it for him:S

This is only because he has both sd and HD footage on the camera.. He can grab HD from it but only if he deletes all the SD from the camera (not very clear about that sorry:$)

Just imovie. Simple and fast for tandem stuff.

I'm getting a little frustrated with iMovie. It's probably me but I'm switching over from using Vegas and I'm used to having an easy to manipulate timeline. Splitting, slow motion and other simple edits are a bit more laborious than I would like. I'm thinking of going with Final Cut Express 4. I just don't want to spend the money yet.

edited to add: I somewhat mispoke. iMovie08 won't let you slow mo or reverse so "more laborious" is an understatement.

:)
Im pretty sure if you want to play with AVCHD and final cut express You are going to need an intel processor! You will still be able to use it but not for that HD you where planning on later in the year .... Not sure about pro though but your local apple store should be able to tell you.:)