velocityphoto

HD lenses?

I can't find the post about hd lenses for my hc-1 ? I have a .3 royal lens now but it gives black corners. Even if i zoom it in some . Is there a low profile smaller lens for this in 37 mm thread? I always zoom just a little bit with my .3 lens for tandems.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Wow. Weird. I don't see that with my A1, and I too, have the Royal .3. I don't have a Waycool or Cookie to check out, but they're essentially the same lens. You definitely won't see vignetting with the Raynox 5050 or 3030, but they're twice the weight and 4 times the size.

I found this while searching here .
Looks nice and low to me!
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3073797

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

It only shows up on the computer screen . On he camera it looks ok . I have not made any dvd's with it yet.
I did have a uv filter under the lens. Will this make the vignetting effect?
Anyone know what the resolution is on the .3 royal lens?

A while back I posted a series of shots with a rez chart, I'm not where I can search at the moment, but if memory serves, rez is shy of 400lines, which isn't bad for an SD lens of it's type. It was higher than the other lenses I had available to test at the time. None of the Lo-pro single element SD lenses from Cookie, Royal, or Waycool can resolve more than half your HD camera. Hopefully this will change in the near future. I've seen some of what Max is working on recently, and impressed with what he's got going on, and Century has a new trick bit of glass they're announcing/launching at NAB next week. With HD comes better glass, and better glass either weighs more, or costs more, or both.

BTW, the reason you don't see the vignette on a TV or in camera is because of overscan, that computers show and televisions/camera displays don't.