RedKite

Burning Stills - What do you use?

At my DZ, we provide a DVD of the Skydive and Stills as the standard service.........

For the stills, I use a DVD Burner (in my case an Apacer Steno CP200) but I know that many Vidiots use a laptop. Personally I think a 'burner' is much easier and there are a few favourites such as the Apacer 100 & 200's and the Delkin Burnaway.

I may be a saddo but I have purchased two spare Apacer CP 200's just in case as they are so difficult to come by even though the odd one sells cheaply on eBay.

I have also bought a spare Sony HC3 because my helmet is set up for it and despite the 'flaring'I love that camcorder. (it is a dying breed also)

Am I the only conservative who does this sort of thing???

Best

RedKite

PS I am old and scared!

I use a laptop + nero. I want to dump my stills onto my laptop anyway for keeps, I shoot jpg+raw so need to give the student just the jpgs and I can rotate the pics if I have the time (frontmounted upside down camera).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

If it's just stills for Average Joe, I use the CD burning utility in Windows. If it's anyone else, I use the burning tool and a few other tweaks in Lightroom.
From my laptop.
Yeah, I have a couple backup cameras too. My HC3 has 500 jumps on it, and when it gets really cold up there, the touch screen seems to lock up (new behavior for an old cam), so I'm jumping my CX7 in those situations. I love the look of the HC3 too.