chuckakers

found a cam - opinions on other stuff please

Picked up a PC100 on ebay (mint condition, $267 shipped):)
I'd like some input:

ringsights - I have always used the "square" version of the newton style sight but wondering if the circular has advantages.

ringsight mount - best one? I'll be mounting on a Bonehead Optik.

still photo shutter release - I'd like to go hand-free this time and would like as many opinions as possible on the various types. Bite, blow, and tongue depress. I'm thinking tongue, so tell me why I want something else.

quick mounts - what's out there? which one is best for our purposes?

Thanks a bunch!

Chuck

I went through a few bite and tongueswitches before settling on a blowswitch, it's more bulky but way less fail prone, one disadvantage for me is that I cannot take photos without either putting on my helmet or unplugging the remote. But the blowswitch has lasted me the longest so far so I'm happy.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Bite, blow, and tongue depress.

Still switch? In my experience, everyone recommends what they have always used. I use a blow switch and like it, so here's my take.

Pros: I see and hear from camera fliers all the time who are replacing their broken tongue or bite switches. I have a blow switch that I have had for many, many (many?) years, and it has never failed. I like the action. I don't have to move my teeth or tongue to take a pic.

Cons: I don't know the Optic, but with a blow switch you do need a place to put the actual switch mechanism--it is bulky. Also, use the black tube that comes with the switch, otherwise you will be grossed out pretty quickly (or others will) with all the crap that accumulates in the tube. Run bleach through the tube every so often.

one disadvantage for me is that I cannot take photos without either putting on my helmet or unplugging the remote.

??? Really? I never have a problem with that. I can either use the tube with the helmet off, or just push the shutter button. Maybe it is how you have it wired?

one disadvantage for me is that I cannot take photos without either putting on my helmet or unplugging the remote.

??? Really? I never have a problem with that. I can either use the tube with the helmet off, or just push the shutter button. Maybe it is how you have it wired?

Might be, I have my plug wired so it's continually metering and focussing, so the "button is depressed halfway" all the time.

Oh well, I can live with it, I just don't shoot a photo of the tandem pair in front of the airplane, no time usually anyway, and I put on my helmet early to take a few shots in the plane. No big deal, but might be a suprise at first....

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Go to your local CVS or Wal-mart and get you an eye dropper, take it home and pull off the bulb and stick it on your blow tubing, no more spit and slime in tube and if you drop your tube in FF or under canopy you don't fire off till your card is full.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

No< if you have it wired right you press it with your lips and keep it depressed it will keep a consistance air pressure on the switch and you"ll fire a lot of frames< so it will take you a little to get used to it if your not already flying with one. Mine originally had a factory one installed, after a few years of use of bite'n on it the rubber starts to crack and you will start to get spit back in the tube, so I always replace it in this manner, little bit of glue to hold it in place, make sure you use a rubber friendly glue so it don;t melt.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo