mamajumps

Camcorder advice

Just before Christmas,my boyfriend had a riser strike which sent his camera helmet spiraling to the ground without him. The helmet, camcorder and audible were retrieved (pure luck), but only the helmet was salvagable. I would like to replace his camera, but don't really have an idea which mini dv camcorders make are the best for camera helmets. Your advice is appreciated!:)

what about the Camcorder HDR-CX7 do you know anything about this one. I'm using a HC 32 now and keep getting a moisture code. I really want to smash it lol. Looking into other cameras and don't know what to get. I use a FF2 helmet from 2k composites so my options are less because of that
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

Ask him what he wants. I usually hate people getting me something since it's usually the wrong type, etc. e.g. People know I like whisky, so they buy me a JD, but I hate JD. He may be planning to go HD or have something in mind. Some people don't like the newer sony range and would prefer to buy a PC range second hand. The only way to get him what he wants is to ask him.

Ask him what he wants. I usually hate people getting me something since it's usually the wrong type, etc. e.g. People know I like whisky, so they buy me a JD, but I hate JD. He may be planning to go HD or have something in mind. Some people don't like the newer sony range and would prefer to buy a PC range second hand. The only way to get him what he wants is to ask him.

Yeah its kinda a sticky situation. I would kinda like to suprise him ( he was so upset after his jump that day!) I think I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a used PC105. Thanks for the advice!

If you're more or less starting new and cost is a major factor, I'd recommend the new Sony HCr-52 or HCR-96
Cheap, small, and offers LANC. they start shipping in a couple weeks, and should be less than 200.00 on the street (HCR-52).

Are either of these models firewire capable? I looked at Sony's website and couldn't find anything. I'm a newb, looking into eventually getting a cheap video camera to play with on the ground. For a very long time. And eventually get a helmet and bring it to the air.
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh